Wednesday, March 25

Organizing my recipes



I got a three ring binder and put scrapbook paper in the outside plastic pockets to make it pretty.


I still have many more recipes to organize and will need to make another binder to put them in. I will label the spine with what is in the binder....breads, desserts, salads, etc.
Some of my recipes I just taped to a blank piece of copy paper and inserted the page into a page protector.

I really like these dividers and hope I can find some more like them.

These dividers have pockets and I am going to put recipes that I am going to try in the pockets and if it is a keeper then it will go into a page protector. The pocket will also work if I am in a hurry I can stick it in the pocket until I have time to put it where it belongs.

This took quite a bit of time, but it has been so nice to just grab the binder. I love having them in page protectors so that they don't get all dirty while cooking.

3 comments:

Tina said...

What a great idea!
I have a notebook full of recipes that I use more than any of my other recipes - but it's certainly not so well organized. :)
Thanks for a great idea.
Hope you're all doing well!
Love to all.

Katie said...

You are so creative! And the decorated binder looks really cute! That is a great idea! Hope you have a God blessed Thursday!
***In His great & awesome love,***
***Katie***

Anonymous said...

Hey Mari Beth! I'm not sure if you remember me from Cascade, but I met up with Monty this weekend and he directed me to the family blog. So, I had to check in with yours, too.
I thought I would share my solution to this project with you in case it would help. I don't do a page protector on each recipe (because I'm lazy and because that would be like million page protectors) so I just take the recipe out and slip it into the front cover. That way it stays protected and I can just close the book and stand it up on the counter. Then it is slightly less likely to get something spilled on it! :)
Many blessings,
Kathy (Cundiff) Zumwalt

Dasher

Dasher