Monday, January 11

Monday

Well, it is Monday and for the life of me I can't think of anything to post! I took a little break last week just trying to get back into a more normal week. My wonderful husband helped prepare a menu and got the older kids helping out more with meals so the week went pretty smooth.

Monty and I are studying the Precept Upon Precept Colossians course with another couple and a friend on Wednesday nights and I am enjoying it so much. I took it about 10 years ago in Portland Oregon and it was so good. It is amazing how much you forget.



Last week we talked about who Christ is and that He is all we need. It was a great reminder to me because we live in such a world that tells us we need more time, more money, more stuff, etc.

We made a list of who Christ is:


Col. 1:15 The image of the invisible God
Col. 1:15 Firstborn over all creation
Col. 1:16 All things created by Him and for Him
Col. 1:17 He is before all things
Col. 1:17 He holds all things together

Col. 1:18 He is head of the body, the church

Col. 1:18 He is the beginning
Col. 1:18 He is the firstborn from the dead

Col. 2:9 All the fulness of the Diety dwells in Him in bodily form

Phil. 2:6 Existed in the form of God


The list could go on and on but I like making lists because it really helps me slow down and see who Christ is. We also listed what He claimed and what He accomplished. I learned so much about who my Lord and Savior is and what He has done for me.
This week the lesson is on the church which is a great lesson and one that many do not understand. I am anxious to discuss this lesson with the others.

Have a great week!

1 comment:

Abby said...

I am glad that you and daddy take the time to learn about Jesus! We all need to do that!

Love you,
Abby

Dasher

Dasher