Thursday, December 10

Spending time together


Every night we have been reading a book called Jotham's Journey by Arnold Ytreeide http://www.jothamsjourney.com/node/39
and lighting our candles while we read by the firelight. This special time together has become the highlight of our night. The story is suspenseful and yet reminds us of what Christ has done for us and how we can show His love, grace and mercy to others. I am thankful for this book and also for the memories we are creating. The author actually lives about 30 minutes from us in Nampa, Idaho. There are two other books in the series and I can't wait to read those too!

We have also been making ornaments for our trees and the girls have been having so much fun creating! Last night we watched Miracle on 34th Street and Santa Clause 1. My family is a huge blessing to me!
The picture below shows the girls stringing popcorn. Even though we were using day old popcorn it was a challenge for them to string it and not eat it! After we hung it on their little trees I noticed quite a bit of popcorn on the floor. I thought our dog ate it off the tree but I found out that Amelia ate some and later her little 2 yr old cousin had to try some out too! I think we might need to stick to non-edible garland next year!

2 comments:

Tina said...

We're reading Jotham's Journey for the first time this year too! Isn't it great? It's so hard to wait until the next night to find out what happens. The picture is great - the girls are getting so big! Enjoy looking at the popcorn garland while it remains. :)
Love y'all. :)
Tina

Malisa said...

Too funny! I did not know that Caleb had some also. I wonder what he will do with our tree!?!

Dasher

Dasher