Monday, June 9

June 9, 2008 Abby gets stitches removed!

Abby had to have a mole removed from her neck last Tuesday. She was so brave. She had to go to the operating room and we were allowed to be with her. Her daddy sat by her holding her hand and I sat behind him so that I could not see anything! I'm not so brave. When it was all over the Dr. looked at Monty and said "are you ok?" I looked at him and his face was very white and pale. He then decided to sit down for a minute.


Abby in the waiting room!



Dr. Garner and Abby

I just had to take a picture of him because he was such a gift from God. We were referred to him by our dermatologist and had no idea who he was. As soon as he walked in the room the first time we met him it was amazing. He was so kind and gentle. I had such a peace about him treating Abby. The whole experience was just amazing. She felt almost no pain which I credit to his gentle and slow approach and of course God being in control of the entire procedure. Praise God for providing this wonderful doctor for us! This situation was definitely a faith builder to me as I daily had to give this over to the Lord (waiting many years knowing the mole needed to be removed) and He of course carried me through every step of the way! My mother died from melanoma 11 years ago and that type of cancer is heriditary so it definitely had to be taken off.

1 comment:

Tina said...

So good to catch up with you on your blog. I like the new look. :) Glad all went well with Abby's mole removal. I know you're all glad it's over. The homeschool conference looks fun. I love the Scripture Sleuth books. You all look great in the pictures!
Take care.
In His love,
Tina

Dasher

Dasher